Aims, goals and objectives of the NSC
The general aims, goals and objectives of the NSC are to advance the social, economic and political development of all San communities in Namibia with a view to achieving self-determination in line with national policies, international laws, treaties, protocols, standards and ideals.
- The NSC promotes the idea of strengthening social and historical cultural ties among the San communities.
- The NSC strives to foster and strengthen cultural identity, heritage and pride among San communities.
- The NSC shall strive to include members from San communities or organisations based in geographical areas not yet represented on the NSC.
- The NSC strives to promote rights awareness among the San communities of Namibia and to monitor human rights violations directed at San communities and people and to strive for political representation at all levels of government both domestically and internationally.
- The NSC strives to inform the general public of the special needs and rights of the people of San ancestry of Namibia and of their efforts to achieve full participation in the economic, social and political life of the Republic of Namibia.
- The NSC seeks to foster a spirit of partnership and cooperation between the members through networking and collaboration, as well as with other organisations relevant to the aims of the NSC, including Traditional Authorities, Government institutions and/or agencies and other stakeholders.
The Namibia San Council (NSC) invites San Community Based Organisations, San Non-Government Organisations and San communities who have not yet any representational structure to become new members of the NSC. Applications and nominations for membership must be made in writing and will be considered by the members of the Management Committee of the NSC. Members are expected to actively practice, support and uphold the aim, objectives and philosophy of NSC. Interested organisations or communities can choose one representative for the NSC.